Saturday, May 2, 2009

Michael Jordan’s Take on Failure

 

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I’ve lost almost 300 games,
26 times I have been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed,
I have failed over and over and over again in my life,
And that is why, I succeed.”

 

Michael Jordan is one of the best basketball players to ever play the game; also one of the best athletes and has one of the most respected brands in the world. I love his take on failure. It tells us that we have to be persistent, get up after we fall, and continue doing what we love doing. Failing only makes you stronger and you cannot succeed without first having failed. It allows you to overcome that barrier; the fear of taking risks. It is fear itself that prevents us from reaching full potential; the fear of failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment